Jazz Age Dance Party

Well the seasons are changing, so I thought a sunny memory of a lazy hazy summer day was in order.  I came across photos of The Jazz Age Dance Party over the summer which is held on Governor Island New York.  It is a day time picnic held on the lawns, with a great 20's and 30's twist.  Everyone dresses up, drinks champagne cocktails and Charleston dances the day away.  They have Charleston lessons, a bathing beauties contest, a tug of war and hat parades.  Picnics are encouraged and it looks to be a great day out for all.









How fun does this day look. The picnic's are held a few times in July and August and it's going on my wish list for next year.  If I don't get there I think it would make a great idea for a garden party or even a low key wedding.  I just need the home with a garden now, but there is always the beach.  So put your best foot forward and swing those pearls as we dance our way onto autumn.